First Call for Nominations for 2022 KFA Elections
Dear Kwantlen Faculty Association Members,
In accordance with Article 7 of our Constitution and By-Laws, this is the first call for nominations for the following positions on the KFA Executive Committee:
- Vice-President Negotiations
- Science & Horticulture Representative
- School of Business Representative
- Faculty of Health Representative
- School of Design Representative
- Qualifying Studies & Access Representative * (until end of term, May 31, 2023)
- Non-Regular Faculty Representative
- Status of Women Representative
- Education Policy Committee Representative
- Occupational Health & Safety Committee Representative
- Pension Advisory Committee Representative
- Professional & Scholarly Development Committee Representative
The KFA Executive wants to encourage participation and representation from all faculty members, including and especially those who face any form of discrimination or socio-economic disadvantage. This might include, for example, differently-abled individuals, persons of colour, those who identify in the LGBTQ2S+ spectrum, and those who face any other form of disadvantage. If you see yourself in this description, please feel welcome and encouraged to participate and bring your voice to the representation of all faculty members of the KFA.
Nomination Period – April 7-27, 2022
The nomination period runs from April 7-27, at noon. Nomination forms are to be sent to the Chief Returning Officer (C.R.O.), Diane Walsh. Three calls for nominations will be made during this time period. In the event that the call for nominations results in only one nomination being received by the close of the nomination period, the nominee shall be acclaimed at the Annual General Meeting on April 29, 2022. If there is more than one nominee, an online election will be held.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. You can find more information about the election process on our website.
Diane Walsh, Vice-President, Grievances
Officer Responsible for the Election