First Call for Nominations for 2023 KFA Elections
Dear Kwantlen Faculty Association Members,
In accordance with Article 7 of our Constitution and By-Laws, this is the first call for nominations for the following positions on the KFA Executive Committee:
- Vice-President, Grievances
- Humanities Representative
- Trades & Technology Representative
- School of Design Representative * (until end of term, May 31, 2024)
- Qualifying Studies & Access Representative
- Social Sciences Representative
- Learner Support/Co-op Representative
- Disability Management & Rehabilitation Committee Representative
- Human Rights & International Solidarity Committee Representative
- Labour Community Advocate Committee Representative
- LGBTQ2S+ Committee Representative
- Decolonization, Reconciliation & Indigenization Committee Representative
Please see the attached document titled “Responsibilities of an Executive Representative” and By-law 4.2 for information about these roles. Please also see the new KFA Conflict of Interest Policy.
Nomination Period – March 28-April 17, 2023
The nomination period runs from March 28 to April 17, at noon. Nomination forms are to be sent to the Chief Returning Officer (C.R.O.), Raphael Lagoutin. Three calls for nominations will be made during this time period. In the event that the call for nominations results in only one nomination being received by the close of the nomination period, the nominee shall be acclaimed at the Annual General Meeting on April 18, 2023. If there is more than one nominee, an online election will be held.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. You can find more information about the election process on our website.
Raphael Lagoutin, Vice-President, Negotiations
Officer Responsible for the Election