Last Call for Nominations for 2022 KFA Elections
Dear Kwantlen Faculty Association Members,
In accordance with Article 7 of our Constitution and By-Laws, this is the last call for nominations for the following positions on the KFA Executive Committee:
- Vice-President Negotiations
- Science & Horticulture Representative
- School of Business Representative
- Faculty of Health Representative
- School of Design Representative
- Qualifying Studies & Access Representative * (until end of term, May 31, 2023)
- Non-Regular Faculty Representative
- Status of Women Representative
- Education Policy Committee Representative
- Occupational Health & Safety Committee Representative
- Pension Advisory Committee Representative
- Professional & Scholarly Development Committee Representative
Please see the attached document titled “Responsibilities of an Executive Committee Member” and By-law 4.2 for information about these roles. Please also see the new KFA Conflict of Interest policy.
The KFA recognizes that strengthening our Union requires understanding the needs and experiences of all our members. Currently, our KFA Executive lacks Indigenous and racialized faculty, and faculty with disabilities. To help us build a stronger Union, we encourage nominations from Indigenous and racialized faculty and faculty with disabilities to join the KFA Executive.
Nomination Period – April 7-27, 2022
The nomination period runs from April 7-27, at noon. Nomination forms are to be sent to the Chief Returning Officer (C.R.O.), Diane Walsh. Three calls for nominations will be made during this time period. In the event that the call for nominations results in only one nomination being received by the close of the nomination period, the nominee shall be acclaimed at the Annual General Meeting on April 28, 2022. If there is more than one nominee, an online election will be held.
The nominations received to date are as follows:
|Mark Diotte||Raphael Lagoutin||Vice-President Negotiations|
|Marc Kampschuur||Panteli Tritchew||School of Business Representative|
|Betty Cunnin||Seema Ahluwalia||Member-at-Large|
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. You can find more information about the election process on our website.
Diane Walsh, Vice-President, Negotiations
Officer Responsible for the Election